A couple of weeks ago I made yet another internet food shopping ‘clanger’. Last time it was jacket potatoes, this time it was 6 bags of juicy, braeburn apples adorning my kitchen work top. What’s a girl to do with 36 apples?!
I went about googling recipes and came across the easiest, most delicious apple cake recipe everrrr! I thought it would be rude not to share….
150 g butter
150 g brown sugar
300g Self-Raising flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
150 g sultanas/raisins
- Melt the butter and wait for it to cool.
- Peel and grate the 4 apples. Mix with the sugar and cooled butter.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Pour in all the dry ingredients and fold in.
- Add the sultanas or raisins and mix well.
- Pour into a prepared tin and bake on 170 for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack.