The Week That Was / Project 365 Week 27

We’re drawing closer to the end of another school year, which means two things: we are all frazzled; and our weekdays are dominated by one school event after another. This week saw a primary school music concert, a secondary school prize giving and numerous after-school rehearsals for the Hairspray extravaganza taking place next week. On the upside, we saw a whole lot of sunshine which enabled us to spend plenty of time outdoors.

Here’s what we’ve been up to in week 27 of Project 365….

Sunday - The Teenager and I took ‘It’ for a walk at our favourite haunt. A group of wonderful people recently decided to plant a load of wild flowers in the meadow. It looks absolutely beautiful.
Monday - I bought this plaque at the women’s conference I attended last week. I gave it to The Teenager because if I could wish just one thing for her, this would be it. Growing up is tough in today’s world.
Tuesday – This was it, the moment we had all been waiting for – The Boy playing a duet on his baritone horn. There were about 200 people in the audience so he did really well. Only a couple of bum notes were detected ;)
Wednesday – A rare moment of peace and quiet in our lovely garden.
Thursday – I went for a walk today with two very special friends. Such a wonderfully sunny day and the lake looked stunning.
Friday - With the girls at musical rehearsals almost every night this week, The Boy and I have enjoyed some down time together. Nothing better than a Magnum in the sunshine!
Saturday – The Tween had four friends to sleepover on Friday night. These gorgeous sweet peas were a gift from one of the mums.
So that’s about it for us this week. I’m gearing myself up for a busy one of play rehearsals and performances every night from Wednesday through to Saturday! Did you spot Reggie last week? Here he was watching the World Cup with The Boy and his dad….
Can you see him this week?

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

20 Comments on The Week That Was / Project 365 Week 27

1. MamaMummyMum
    July 5, 2014 at 5:29 pm (1 year ago)

Lovely round up. I really like that plaque, such meaningful words!! x

2. 76 sunflowers
    July 5, 2014 at 7:54 pm (1 year ago)

The meadow looks wonderful and a pot of sweet peas is hard to beat. We have ages growing in the garden this year and cannot wait to pick them :)

3. Angela Spicer
    July 5, 2014 at 8:19 pm (1 year ago)

The plaque is great and perfect for a teenager.

4. Sara Murray
    July 5, 2014 at 8:50 pm (1 year ago)

I adore sweet peas, what a lovely gift. You have had lots of lovely sunshine, so nice to see so many outdoor shots. The end of term is always so busy!

5. Nikki Thomas
    July 5, 2014 at 9:26 pm (1 year ago)

This end of term period is manic isn’t it? Love the walk photo, what a beautiful view!, love the plaque too, very wise advice

6. Angela
    July 6, 2014 at 1:29 am (1 year ago)

Well done, your boy playing in front of all those people is quite brave. I see Reggie this week lol

7. SarahMummy
    July 6, 2014 at 6:34 am (1 year ago)

I found Reggie! Lovely photos as ever. Hope you survived the sleepover OK.

8. Briella Lane
    July 6, 2014 at 8:48 am (1 year ago)

I found reggie too. Couldn’t find the sneaky little reptile last week. Love sweet peas. Is your dog really called It? He looks like toto from wizard of oz.

9. Clare Nicholas
    July 6, 2014 at 9:21 pm (1 year ago)

Lovely pics and I hope the sleepover went well?

10. Michelle Twin Mum
    July 6, 2014 at 10:26 pm (1 year ago)

Yep I’ve spotted Reggie and that lake looks brilliant, sounds like a good week. Mich x

11. Coombe Mill
    July 7, 2014 at 12:19 pm (1 year ago)

Teen sleepover sounds like a great trest

12. Emma T
    July 9, 2014 at 8:18 am (1 year ago)

That’s lovely that one of the mums gave you the beautiful flowers.

Well done for the boy’s concert, and hope the remaining ones go well.

13. Redpeffer
    July 9, 2014 at 8:46 am (1 year ago)

I don’t know how it surprises me each summer, but I still get caught out by the hectic finish to the end of year! I hope you have sone time to relax soon once the term ends.

14. Mummy Tries
    July 9, 2014 at 9:23 am (1 year ago)

Reggie is very cool :-) good luck for the sleepover. Lovely sentiment on the plaque, I can imagine teaching teenagers to ‘be themselves’ in this modern world is a tough job!

15. Jess McGlynn
    July 9, 2014 at 6:22 pm (1 year ago)

Sounds like a great week; playing for 200 people is amazing, myself and my friend once played our clarinets for about half that many people and she got a nosebleed from the stress in the middle of our performance…happy times ;) Love the sweet peas too and for the first time ever…I’ve spotted reggie! #sharewithme

16. Jenny Ripatti-Taylor
    July 10, 2014 at 4:32 am (1 year ago)

What a great round up this week and sounds like you have an action packed next week ahead of you. Love Reggie!!! lol Teaching teenagers that scares me, very tough job! WOW! Thanks for linking up to Share With Me. #sharewithme

17. ghostwritermummy
    July 10, 2014 at 4:38 pm (1 year ago)

Ah I know what you mean with the weeks being so busy. Roll on summer when we’ll be… even busier! :D x x x

18. My Family Ties
    July 11, 2014 at 1:28 pm (1 year ago)

Great photo’s, I was contemplating starting the Project 365, it’s a lovely way to visually remind you of your year. #sharewithme

19. TheBoyandMe
    July 11, 2014 at 11:40 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks for linking up to Project 365.