This is my girl doing what she does best – entering a dressage competition without telling her mum!

You will know by now that The Teenager loves nothing better than a challenge.  Bearing in mind that last time, her naughty pony threw her off mid-course resulting in a disqualification, this was going to be some challenge!

All week she had been memorising the dressage routine – walk with loose reins A to X, switch reins, walking trot X to C…or something like that.  Let’s make one thing clear: I know nothing about horses and if I’m honest, have zero interest! One thing I do know however, is that my girl is in her element in this environment and it’s such a pleasure to watch.

Did she do well? You’re probably asking the wrong person. But she was presented with a fourth place rosette at the end, so I guess she did. For me, the smile on her face was worth more than any rosette.
Blog Signature

TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky

The Ordinary MomentsOneDad3Girls

14 Comments on Photo of the Week 17: My Girl

April 24, 2016 at 10:24 am (10 months ago)

Wow, fourth place sounds like she did very well!
    Love your honesty that you don’t know what it’s all about. I’m the same with rugby, despite watching it for the last five years or so!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 24.4.16My Profile

2. Louise (Squished Blueberries)
    April 24, 2016 at 10:27 am (10 months ago)

Ahh you should be really proud, it’s great that she has a hobby that she’s so focused on and makes her so happy. I really hope mine do when they get to the teenage years, at least it might help to keep them out of trouble! I’m definitely making notes for later as I read your blog.
    Louise (Squished Blueberries) recently posted…A School Place | The Ordinary MomentsMy Profile

3. Bear and Cardigan
    April 24, 2016 at 2:15 pm (10 months ago)

Wow 4th place and all by herself! Her horse looks beautifully groomed too, I would be be so proud #MySundayPhoto
    Bear and Cardigan recently posted…#MySundayPhoto Number 17My Profile

4. Verily Victoria Vocalises
    April 24, 2016 at 3:12 pm (10 months ago)

This would have been my dream as a child! Good for her – they both look so well turned out #MySundayPhoto
    Verily Victoria Vocalises recently posted…A Diving GullMy Profile

5. Kim Carberry
    April 24, 2016 at 3:37 pm (10 months ago)

Well done your girl. 4th place is brilliant.
    I used to have horses and ponies and I was hopeless at dressage. There was just too much to remember. Dressage really is a challenge! You should be so proud x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…A little help with her homework. #MySundayPhotoMy Profile

6. Natalie
    April 24, 2016 at 9:35 pm (10 months ago)

Well done to The Teenager, my little girls talks about horse riding but it makes me feel a little nervous, I think I would just prefer two feet on the ground! Great picture x
    Natalie recently posted…Harri is ready but am I?My Profile

7. Plutonium Sox
    April 24, 2016 at 11:57 pm (10 months ago)

I love this. I love the fact that you’re not pushy and she does it because she wants to. I hope to be like you when my girls are older.
    Nat.x
    Plutonium Sox recently posted…Life is short, live harderMy Profile

8. Siobhan (Everyone Else is Normal)
    April 25, 2016 at 11:05 am (10 months ago)

That is wonderful. Some people clearly connect with horses whilst others…don’t (myself included). Lovely that she has something she’s passionate about outside of usual teen stuff. x

9. Notmyyearoff
    April 25, 2016 at 9:54 pm (10 months ago)

Well done to her, 4th place is brilliant and she sounds like she really loves it!!
    Notmyyearoff recently posted…Watching the boysMy Profile